Skip to main content

Visa regulations and regulations on residence

Visa and travel to Germany

The internet page of the "Foreign Office" provides detailed information on visa guidelines for travel to Germany. You can also find further useful information via the "Welcome Center" of Bonn University

After arrival - residence

On arrival, you must report to the Citizen Centre of Bonn City Council. At the Foreigners' Office, your visa, which is only applicable for entry into the country, will later be replaced by a residence permit.

For residence lasting more than three months, you will in each case require a "residence permit"; the residence permit will be issued by the "Foreigners Registration Office of Bonn City Council".

For further information please contact Ms. Svenja Beljaars or Ms. Maren Plugge (Personnel office).

© MPI f. Mathematik, Bonn Impressum & Datenschutz
-A A +A