University of Bonn
- Number Theory
- Algebraic Groups
- Algebraic and Arithmetic Geometry
- Modular Forms
- Differential Geometry
- Algebraic Topology
- Complex Analysis
- Global Analysis and
- Mathematical Physics
For a complete list see the "Vorlesungsverzeichnis" of Bonn University.
Max Planck Institute for Mathematics
- Oberseminar Topology
- AG Homotopy Theory (jointly with the Universities Wuppertal, Düsseldorf and Bochum)
- AG Complex Analysis (jointly with Wuppertal University)
- Number Theory Seminar
- Algebraic and Complex Geometry Seminar
- Seminar on Algebra, Geometry and Physics
- Gauge Theory Seminar
as well as further activities and seminars on timely topics.
For a complete list have a look at MPIM's Web-Site
The IMPRS will install two new seminars specifically for the graduate students:
- a reading course, where the students work with some advisor through material necessary for, or supplementary to, their research work;
- a seminar where the students present their own work and/or discuss ideas with the other graduate students (who might be working in other fields).
For those students who first do their qualifying year, a crash course will be organized.
The IMPRS and BIGS will also organize a series of lectures by invited speakers on recent research in the fields of the graduate students.
Each graduate student is expected to participate in the weekly "Mathematical Colloquium", where invited speakers give talks about their latest work.
Apart from the scientific program, the IMPRS students can participate in the language courses and the social program the BIGS will offer.